With significant investment in new vehicle programmes, Tata Motors UK Design UK, based in Coventry is seeking experienced engineers to join its established team, with vacancies including Digital Modelling Team Leader and Exterior & Interior Designers.
TATA MOTORS DESIGN UK
With a rapidly changing market in India, the customer requirement for increasingly desirable products is driving Tata Motors to enhance its product range with new and innovative designs and solutions. This combined with the company's increasing exposure in global markets, Tata Motors Design becomes integral to the future success of the Group.
Tata Motors Design's international portfolio of state-of-the-art design studios in Pune, India; Coventry, UK; and Turin, Italy, is driving the development of the brand identity of all Tata Motors products across the passenger car and commercial vehicle platforms.
This very exciting period in the ongoing development of Tata Motors Design, with significant investment in new vehicle programmes, has created new opportunities to join the expanding team at its UK studio.
Exteriors & Interior Designers (Contract)
Tata Motors is looking for talented designers to join its highly experienced team in Coventry. There are two positions available to help lead either the exterior or interior design team in the development of Tata Motors designs of the future. The other two positions will involve working within the core exterior or interior design team providing vital support to the other members of Tata Motors design team.
All applicants must have a degree in product, industrial or automotive design along with a highly creative mind with an eye for detail.
They must also have:
• A proven track record in an automotive exteriors / interiors design role
• Significant experience in a Global OEM studio
• Excellent 2D digital presentation skills in Photoshop, Illustrator, Painter and Sketchbook Pro Ability, able to produce photo real renderings
• Experience of communicating developed concepts and themes at Senior Management level
• Experience in guiding clay and digital modelling teams
• Experience of production and show car design projects from initial sketches through development stages to product launch
• The ability to work with engineering and programme control to ensure approved design themes are maintained throughout the engineering development phases
• The ability to overcome cultural barriers and to work as part of a global team
Digital Modelling Team Leader (Permanent)
Due to its continued growth and success on a global scale, the design team requires an experienced permanent Digital Modelling Manager to work at the Coventry-based studio.
Applicants must be:
• Highly experienced in delivering both math and physical design properties as well as working directly with clay modelling and studio engineering teams
• Able to lead the digital modelling team in all aspects of the design development process
• Able to present digital models to the design management team using state of the art presentation techniques
• Able to utilise excellent 3D digital modelling skills, with Alias Studio Tools preferred
• Able to act as in-house trainer for future digital modelling teams / graduate intake
• A leader of future A-Class surfacing activities as well as visualisation technology planning
How To Apply:
Tata Motors Design is working in partnership with Jonathan Lee Recruitment to grow its teams both in the UK Design Studio and at its Coventry-based European Technical Centre.
To apply, click the relevant link below, attach a copy of your CV in Word format along with a PDF copy of a portfolio being no more than 5MB showcasing your Photoshop renderings and design work:
To submit your CV for future opportunities, please email Nick Jones, Managing Consultant quoting Ref JLCL001.