GM Australia Design is currently seeking 2 passionate and experienced exterior lead designers to join the Design team in Port Melbourne, Australia. Both positions will initially be for a fixed term of 24 months.
These exciting positions will see you:
- Lead and manage vehicle line specific Creative Design programs from concept to implementation
- Work as part of GM's global Creative Design network developing product for Holden and other GM brands
- Generate world class Creative Exterior Design strategies and concepts
- Clearly communicate design vision, concepts and strategy intent to Chief Designer and/or Design Manager
- Effectively manage projects and participate in development process
- Pursue high levels of Design and overall product presentation and operation
- Work effectively with other Lead Designers and/or Designers to ensure program synergies
To be considered, you must have the following:
- Qualifications in Industrial Design or Transport Design
- Significant Automotive Creative Design experience
- Strong knowledge of Design Process and Manufacturing Procedures
- A comprehensive understanding of exterior Creative Design aspects of a program design, working with multi discipline design personnel, including across department boundaries and external companies
- Previous experience working on a full-production automotive program
- Previous people, strategy and program management experience desirable
- Sympathetic understanding of 3D interior and exterior design surface language
Apply online to specific positions and send electronic portfolio as a PDF file to this email address.
Please limit the size of pdf file to 5MB. Portfolio layout should be submitted as landscaped 8.5" x 11.0"
First page: Montage of what applicant considers his/her 10 best portfolio pieces
Second page: Resume and CV
Remaining pages: Remainder of portfolio samples to review