Daimler Truck AG is one of the world’s largest commercial vehicle manufacturers, with over 35 main locations worldwide and approximately 100,000 employees. For our Mercedes-Benz Truck Division, we are looking for a new Head of MB Trucks Design.
As Head of Mercedes-Benz Trucks Design, you are responsible for all styling-related topics of our Mercedes-Benz Trucks, i.e., exterior-, interior-, colour & trim- and UX/UI-design. Together with your team, you will develop the future design strategy of all Mercedes-Benz Trucks, including the development and maintenance of brand-specific features, new design concepts, the coordinate and presentation of package themes, and the consideration and development of segment-specific customer expectations and needs.
The design department will be part of Mercedes-Benz Product Engineering and will be based in Stuttgart, Germany.
Your job content in detail:
- Development of truck exterior and interior, colour & trim, UX/UI styling, taking formal, ergonomic, functional, aerodynamic, economic aspects, legal regulations, and brand-specific distinguishing features into account. Design creation and work takes place from early drafts to the final surface data, material patterns and style guides.
- Planning of resources (studio, tools, IT), personnel (internal/external) and budget for the organizational unit
- Cooperation with external support and partners when needed.
- Reporting and presentation of design work to respective managers, filing, moderating, and documenting design decisions in the appropriate committees.
- Functional cooperation with product engineering, purchasing, product management and sales.
- Participation in local and global project groups, creation, and follow-up of formal design requirements regarding market acceptance and competitive differentiation
- Leading, motivating, and promoting your assigned teams and employees by means of target agreements and performance assessments based on group guidelines.
- Ensuring target-oriented internal communication.
- Planning and coordination of personnel, ensuring task-related qualification.
- Monitoring and complying with given budget, ensuring that agreed goals are met.
What you should offer:
- Degree in Transportation/Industrial/Product Design or equivalent
- Several years of experience in vehicle design, preferably experience in commercial vehicle design
- Several years of leadership experience
- Solid knowledge of product engineering processes
- Knowledge of the Mercedes-Benz Truck brand and product range
- Proficient German/English language skills, moderation and presentation skills, excellent communication, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills, confident dynamic appearance, independence, resilience, high commitment, and flexibility, intercultural awareness, and empathy
Benefits / We offer more than just a job. Benefits include.
- Market-based annual salary
- Daimler Truck company bonus
- Performance phantom shares plan
- Company-funded pension plan, and option to defer compensation.
- Company car for work and personal use, access to a further vehicle on favourable terms
- Accident insurance to cover personal and work-related accidents around the clock.
Are you interested in this position?
Then we look forward to receiving your online application, which should include your résumé, a cover letter, certificates, and the completed online application form. Attachments should not exceed 5 MB in total. Please send us your portfolio by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find out more and apply online here: Stellenanzeige: Head of (L3) MB Trucks Design (f/m/x) | Karriereportal | Daimler Truck AG
We particularly welcome online applications from candidates with disabilities or similar impairments If you have any questions, you can contact our disability officer once you have submitted your application form, who will be happy to assist you in the onward application process: SBV-Zentrale@daimler.com
Please note that any following correspondence regarding your application will be conducted via your email address provided. Encryption is not possible.