Complete Vehicle contributes to deliver the right Products & Services to all Volvo Group brand customers according to product segmentation and brand positioning. In Complete Vehicle we are a team of specialized functions with various responsibilities: Aftermarket technology developing aftermarket solutions for the brands; FVV breaking down features to technical requirements, as well as verifying and validating products and services; Volvo Group Design translating the soul of the brand to a product message; Product Builds delivering all truck and component builds; Special Vehicle Development developing niche products.
In Complete Vehicle we are close to end customers, understanding their needs and behaviors. Our engaged teams have a holistic view of the entire truck and bring hands-on truck experience.
Volvo Group Design is a global organization of design excellence that creates superior customer value by designing appealing products with strong brand profiles for the Volvo Group. Volvo Group Design’s expertise consists of generating ideas of future designs and inspiring creativity and innovation within the Volvo Group. We constantly increase innovation and efficiency through cooperation between our design studios located in Ageo, Gothenburg, Greensboro and Lyon.
Are you an Interaction Designer looking for a new challenge and a possibility to work in a creative environment for the premium brand of Volvo Trucks in North America? We are now looking for an Interaction Designer to join our design team.
The Design Studio of Volvo Group Trucks Technology in Greensboro, NC, is proud to announce an expansion to our world-class design organization. It is our intention to hire experienced Volvo Group Design individuals to enhance our existing team of highly qualified professionals. We are seeking to build the most innovative and talented team in the industry, continuing our journey as the most desirable truck brands in the market. Volvo Group offers an attractive and comprehensive compensation and benefits plan, provides career growth and personal development opportunities, along with a balanced life style in the growing city of Greensboro, located in the heart of North Carolina. If you consider yourself an outstanding talent and accomplished professional, then we welcome your application to join our top-tier organization.
It is mandatory that you include your Portfolio with your submission for this position. Please do the following:
- Apply and attach your resume through the system
- The Portfolio should be PDF and no more than 12 MB
- Please submit the Portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org and in the subject line include Requisition# and Title
- Creates results by collaborating with fellow designers, user researchers, and program managers to create user scenarios, user flows, wireframes, User Interface (UI) assets, and other design artefacts as needed.
- Works closely with our business and solution delivery partners, translating business requirements, modern technology, and user needs into a meaningful design and customer solutions
Accountability and Responsibilities:
- Participate in cross functional teams as expert on Aesthetics, Product Message and Visual Brand Distinction
- Produce user requirements specifications, personas, storyboards, scenarios, flowcharts, design prototypes, and design specifications
- Visualize new design solutions and develop decision material to present to stakeholders
- Research and analyze input from related trends (e.g. Competitive set, General automotive, Culture, Human behavior, technology, design, etc.). considering the following perspectives:
- Business Efficiency and Brand platform
- Environmental and Economical Drive
- Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually
- Secure the correct visual quality of the output from the Volvo Group Design Process in due time
- Iterative prototyping for user and stakeholder feedback
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Minimum BA/BFA degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years of documented experience in the design field, experience from automotive industry a merit
- Documented digital user experience
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Photo Shop, Illustrator, Visio, and Dreamweaver. QT experience is highly prioritized
- Ability to prototype concepts and interpret user feedback
- Basic knowledge in 3D tools i.e. Alias
- Outstanding visual presentation skills
- Working knowledge of design and prototyping tools, such as Adobe Suite, OmniGraffle, jQuery
- Knowledge of web-based technologies and their impact on the feasibility of design solutions, including the capabilities and limitations of Web technologies Flash, DHTML, CSS, and various other technologies a plus
- Peer relationships
- Integrity and trust
- Standing alone
- Learning on the fly
- Proven aesthetic, visual and ideation skills
- Understanding of social and human behavior future needs
- Understanding of Brand strategies
- Customer and application knowledge
- Market and competitor understanding
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Entrepreneurial mind set
Head of Design in Greensboro Studio
Find out more:
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area’s with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.