This is what you’ll do:
- Creative thinker with an outlook of modern design visions, with the focus of an Outdoor Adventure brand disrupting industry standards in the OEM space.
- Possess a high degree of creativity and have an ability to motivate others in design execution, styling and appeal to the Rivian Brand.
- Oversee development of both production and concept vehicles from initial designs to final production.
- Excellent visual communication and ability to present design ideation.
- Support clay/digital/hard modelling as necessary to achieve expectations for design theme.
- Be able to Perform and present benchmarking of competitive vehicles
- Comply with regulatory and feasibility requirements
- Sketch Model 3D Design Proposals
- Build a rapport and Interact with suppliers
- Taking pride and ownership of your project
- Above all, a team player and self-motivated
- Communicate to the modelling teams both clay and digital 3D CAD (incl. Alias)
- Collaborate with counterparts such as engineering and Color and Materials to ensure a seamless execution of final product
This is what you’ll need:
- Bachelor or equivalent in Automotive Design or related field.
- Minimum 7-10 years professional design experience.
- Proficient in ALIAS and Photoshop.
- A proven track record of having designed previous Production/Concept vehicles
- Must have a permit to work in US, Visa/Green Card or proven Citizenship
This is where you’ll work:
Department: STUDIO DESIGN
Rivian Location: Plymouth, Michigan
We Are Rivian
Rivian is building a new kind of car company. Starting from a clean sheet has allowed us to learn from and leverage what’s been done in the past while giving us the freedom to reimagine mobility from the ground up. Our vehicles and technology are designed and engineered to challenge what’s possible and to inspire people to explore the world in new ways.
We believe in the power of adventure. While a vehicle can’t make someone adventurous, it can nurture that fundamental desire in each of us to go places we’ve never been and do things we’ve never done — thoughtfully and sustainably. Science and invention depend on our innate curiosity and desire to explore the unknown.
Our development centers are in Plymouth, MI, San Jose, CA, Irvine, Surrey, England. In addition to these four locations, we have a modern manufacturing facility in Normal, IL and will begin production of our R1T and R1S in 2020.
The Adventure Is Just Beginning
Doing something different is never easy. It requires courage, optimism and grit. Core to delivering on our vision is building a team of curious individuals, determined to make a positive impact on the world. This means challenging ourselves, stretching beyond the bounds of conventional thinking, reframing old problems, seeking new solutions and operating comfortably in a space of uncertainty.
Our team has a diverse set of backgrounds— but at heart, we are adventurers on a mission to move the world in a new direction. We’re currently looking for thinkers and doers with a strong sense of adventure to join us on our Electric Adventure
How to apply:
Please send your CV and portfolio to Sabreen Mere at firstname.lastname@example.org