Designing the Jaguar Vision Gran Turismo SV was no easy feat. A digital race car that has been created to push all the boundaries of both design and engineering – it was subject to meticulous refinment and brutal calculations.
In this film made exclusively for Car Design Dialogues, the Jaguar team take us behind the scenes with a detailed insight into the processes and pathways that were used to bring the model to fruition. “When we design a production car, we are always thinking of how it will look on the road,” says Adam Hatton, creative director of exterior design at Jaguar. “But it was different with this car, because we had to think of how it would look like in the game. You do have to shout a bit louder to stand out.”
- Adam Hatton, Creative Director, Exterior Design
- Oliver Cattell-Ford , Lead Exterior Designer, Jaguar Advanced Design
- Christopher Shaw, Lead Interior Designer, Jaguar Land Rover
- Iain McShane, Design Visualisation Manager, Jaguar Land Rover
- Christopher Scholes, Senior Digital 3D Artist, Jaguar Land Rover
- Jamal Hameedi, Engineering Director, Jaguar Special Vehicle Operations
- Micheal O’Rega , Lead Aerodynamics Engineer, Jaguar Special Vehicle Operations
- James Barclay, Team Director, Jaguar Racing
Moderated by Michael Nash, deputy editor, Car Design News.
For more on-demand videos from Car Design Dialogues Europe and other video interviews, visit the broadcast page of the CDN website.
No comments yet