Car Design Awards China 2018 is now open for registration
This annual competition for aspiring design students in China is now live, and taking registrations. The briefs this year have been set by Nissan, Changan, BMW, Geely, Hyundai, Volkswagen and JAC, and ask students to imagine cars for sci-fi filmscapes, megacities, and creating joy and ‘halo’ vehicles for centennials living in a more connected world.
Students have until 5 January 2018 to enter their work and earn the chance to win cash prizes, priceless industry exposure and, for the overall winner, a place on the Cultural Immersion Summer Workshop course at Detroit’s College for Creative Studies.
The quality of work generated through this competition has been improving every time we run it, and this competition, now in its ninth year, has become a focal point for assessing and recruiting the brightest talent in Chinese car design.
Who can enter?
The contest is open to full-time students studying a design discipline of any kind at any school in China. As always, the winner will be chosen by a panel of international designers. The jury will announce their shortlist of the best designs in February 2018 and the winners will be announced at our awards ceremony at the Space 798 Art Factory in Beijing in April 2018, on the eve of the Beijing motor show. The work of all the award winners will be on display at the ceremony.
The overall winner will receive the following:
- A four-week Cultural Immersion Workshop placement at the College for Creative Studies in the USA
- Flight and travel (economy class) – from an airport in China which has a direct flight to the residence in the school
Each of the category winners receives:
- $500.00 for each of the 10 category winners 3,500RMB
- The opportunity to be selected to intern at the Awards sponsors
- A one-year membership for their school to Car Design News, which can be used by all teaching staff and students, and a one-year subscription to Interior Motives magazine, collectively worth $2150
- Digital certificates for all finalists and winners
For more information about this contest, visit: https://www.cardesignnews.com/car-design-awards-china