The prestigious design competition returns for the 13th time with Geely Auto, Lotus, Lynk & Co and Zeekr challenging students to envision the future
The Student Awards China returns for 2022 with top OEMs such as Geely Auto, Lotus, Lynk & Co and Zeekr asking students to create a futuristic design for the year 2036 to mark the 50th anniversary of parent company ZHG (Zhejiang Geely Holdings). The winners will be crowned at a stylish awards ceremony held in June 2022 in Shanghai.
Previous winners of the awards have gone on to successful careers in the automotive industry and returned to judge the next generation of students.
The judges ask you to design a car for at least two of the brands: Geely Auto, Lotus, Lynk & Co and Zeekr. There is also an option to create your own brand. As part of the criteria, the judges envisage that Autonomous Driving Level 3 is standard on all vehicles but Level 5 only features on premium brands. In addition, all cars are constructed with sustainable materials and manufacturing is carbon neutral.
Please illustrate both exterior and interior and include any features you think will be needed by a customer in 2036. For a full description of the brief and the award categories go here.
An esteemed panel of judges will be on hand to appraise your work, including Russell Carr, design director at legendary sports car brand Lotus and Stefan Rosen, SVP at the exciting new OEM Lynk & Co. The judges will evaluate:
Relevance to the brief
Design value and quality
Presentation and explanation
For a full rundown of the judges plus a detailed explanation of the process, go here.
What you can win
- Each category-winning team (or individual) receives $500 as a cash prize shortly after the winners are announced in Shanghai
- The opportunity to be selected to intern at the Awards Sponsors
- A one-year school membership to cardesignnews.com
- A one-year membership for their school to cardesignnews.com (which can be used by all teaching staff and students)
- Certificates for all finalists and winners presented by legendary designer Chris Bangle at the official ceremony.
The deadline for entries is 29 May 2022. To enter go here